Monday, March 14, 2011

Top 5 Geek Freak Moments

Happy Pi Day!! Princeton, geeky little town that it is, has been celebrating all weekend long!

Here are my Top 5 Geek Freak Moments...

5. Pi(e).  What would Pi Day be without pie?! These baked goodies were competing for the "Best Princeton Pie Award" at the Nassau Inn on Sunday afternoon.  I believe Sophie's Chocolate and Chestnut Pie won the title. Yum!


4. Riding the Dinky.  While not an official Geek Freak activity, it still makes my list, as I am easily amused.  (For those not from Princeton, the "Dinky" is an aptly named train shuttle from Princeton Junction station to Princeton University.)



3. Pi(e) Throwing. There's nothing like clocking loved ones with pastry.  Am I alone in this? I think not.



2. Look-a-likes.   An Einstein Look-a-like contest. Only in Princeton.  I love living in such a geeky town!

Here's Joe, winner of the adult competition:


And here's Ava, winner of the children's competition:



1. Albert Einstein asks for my phone number.  This actually happened.  And in front of my boyfriend, nonetheless! Cheeky, Albert! Very cheeky!  Those darn physicists... 




1 comment: